Monday, January 21, 2008

Maybe living in Toronto has its good moments

There's usually not that many exciting events in my life that is worth blogging. But today would count as one of those days that something exciting actually happened.
My good friend Lance once asked "have you ever seen a NBA player in person?" At that time I could only answer "yes, i saw junk yard dog." But today......
I saw Chris Bosh!!! In real person, face to face, almost in contact with him!
I was at the hospital, doing some shadowing work for my practicum. While we were in a patient's room doing some teaching with the new staff, Chris Bosh and Joey Graham came to visit the kids on the unit!!! I was the first to see the players and yelled out "OMG" then some of us ran out to see what they were doing. Before they left the unit, the two of them were handing out some autographs, so when CB4 was handing them out, I just snatched one. Not everyone got it though. I kinda ran in front of some nurses in order to get it. I felt embarrassed doing it, but hey, it's CB4's autograph!!! So I had a "almost" in contact experience with him, how cool is that!!! After I finished my shadowing, I went over to another unit, and I saw them again. I am such a teen when it comes to seeing celebrities. Chris was more reserved than Joey, Joey was smiling and more personable. But Chris wasn't too bad either. He was really really tall, very skinny too.
And then (more exciting story here), when I was about to leave the hospital, I saw Sam Mitchell while I was coming down the elevator!!!! He was walking towards the direction that I was going, so I just followed him. I found out that he drinks coffee, Timmy Ho coffee, not Starbucks, coz he walked by it and didn't get it. He drinks his coffee regular. How do I know? Coz i was lining up right behind him!! Hey, I was going to get Tim's myself coz I was starving at that time, seriously. And guess what, he said Hi to me when he turned around and saw me!!! I said "Hi coach" back to him, Haaha..... He was with another man (pretty good looking black man) and for the whole time they were talking about basketball!!! Something like "what's his name? he rebounded pretty good...." Wow.... everything was so surreal. :D
I have to admit that I am such a 追星族.... hahaha.... Ahhh.... what a good day.

4 comments:

FT said...

What a stalker you are!

I actually had no idea who Tim Mitchell is. I think "Phil" Colins is more famous than him...

Unknown said...

Not in Toronto, he is!!!
Coach Mitchell was Coach of the year last year, come on!

pandaming said...

come on now...don't hate on our coach.. his name is SAM!

(like the SEATTLE ART MUSEUM)

Ying-Hsu said...

hahaha