Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sad thoughts

Went to high tea with co-workers today at King Edwards Hotel.  Close to the end of our meal, an older gentleman came in to have high tea on his own.  The waitress said hi to him and addressed him by his name; looked like a regular there.  But then i was thinking, why is he all by himself?  When i see this kinda thing, it always makes me think about perhaps he is there to revisit some old memories, maybe him and his wife were regular customers there and now that his wife is no longer there, he likes to go there to remember his wife.  That makes me so sad...

The other day ming and i were at MacDonald having dinner, then this older gentleman came in, ordered one McChicken Junior and a small fries.  I said to ming, maybe his wife passed away and he doesn't know how to cook so he has to come in to eat MacDonald.  Plus, because they did not save up when they were younger, so he has to order the cheapest items on the menu.  That also makes me sad...

I am afraid of aging.  Thinking about getting old is sad.  Thinking about old people makes me sad.  That's why I wanted to work with kids and not seniors.  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You are truly pregnant. The hormone is talking.

FT said...

oh my gosh, you think too much.
That McDonald dude is just a lazy bum/ homeless!
Just eat your nuggets and stop thinking about nonsense~

Ying-Hsu said...

真的是想太多~~

Unknown said...

the whole time we were eating, i was talking to ming about how we should save enough money when we are young, not doing what we are doing now, so we won't end up like that lonely man eating unhealthy food all by himself...

FT said...

Maybe he's just sick of his wife and kid and need some quiet time. Ever think about that~?

Lotus said...

how do you know if the old guy was ever married? anyway, saving is good; do your 401K!!!

Unknown said...

what's 401K?

Unknown said...

tako you think so negatively... ;)

FT said...

401k is the American's retirement plan investment.

Whatever, Mrs. I-think-too-much~

MR. I think too much said...

we were saving....that's why we were at the McDonald~ why are you feeling sorry for that dude?? feel sorry for US!! we ain't even old yet and we were already having MacDonald~ =D

401K..hahha...sure sure.. you do know that we got no choice here, eh?/ it's called CPP.

Lotus said...

hey, what's wrong with McDonald? I love my chicken nuggets!!!

Yeah, so does our social security except we prob won't get it back haha!

Unknown said...

Ya, I love my 1 dollar MC menu. They are tasty!

FT said...

just stay away from the burgers. North American ground beef = cows gone wild disease! We're all f***ed really~