Sunday, October 04, 2009

"Boy boy boy" yelled by Chloe and pointed at my belly

Seeing the little thing moving around on the screen of the US machine still feels kinda surreal.  I saw his heart, his brain, his hands and feet, and his whole spine! I asked if we could find out the sex that day, the tech was very willing and went to get ming to come into the room.  First she showed us all his parts and how his heart was pumping, saw the little valves too! Then she asked "you want to know the sex, right?!" I said, "yes," but then ming asked "are you sure?" I yelled " of course!" Then she showed us his little (but obvious) "boyhood,"  in three different angles! So I think there is very little chance that it will turn out the other way.  Do babies pee when they are in their mommy's tummy? No, right?!  

It is so weird having a boy inside of me, I am a female, what do I know about taking care of a boy? I've always told myself and ming that I am only gonna have one kid, coz I don't want to go through pregnancy again, coz it's just plain hell.  But now that this one is a boy, I think I will want a girl... I have to have a girl.

After knowing that it's a boy, I feel like he's much stronger (compare to if I was having a girl), I can eat whatever I want, or take less vitamins, basically be more reckless... :P  But ming (very) strongly advised me not to eat "sashimi." 

Then I went baby cloth shopping.  Like I said, I am the planning type, I like to be prepared.  I think being in nursing has made me the way I am now.  If I didn't plan what I needed to do ahead of time, I would never get out of work on-time (or at least somewhat on-time).  When I was doing my master's degree, I would have my paper finished at least 4-5 days ahead of the due date, so ming could proof read it.  That's me, I like to plan ahead.  Plus, ming and I are going to be extremely poor starting NOW, coz we just got possession of our condo, and we need to pay a great amount of down payment for our new home that's gonna be ready next June.  If I don't spend/buy stuff now, we will never be able to buy later, coz there will be no money left in my bank account.... 

One thing I discovered that is baby boy clothes are not as cute as baby girl clothes!!!  Ahy.... It's either blue or green or brown... not much variety.  I miss buying clothes for my nieces, so fun, so much selections!  Ming got this little onesie that has a bunch of skulls print on it (he said it's One Piece) and it wasn't even on sale.  God help me...

I just want this baby to be born healthy and strong, now that I feel his kicks and movements, I am much relieved.  But if he doesn't kick, I feel anxious, wondering what he's doing, or if there's something wrong.  I rather have this baby out sooner than later, coz I can't bear the mysterious feeling.

奇怪,上一次他的頭在右邊,怎麼這次在左邊哩?

10 comments:

FT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FT said...

They do pee in your belly. They urinate into the amniotic fluid, on top of that they also drink the amniotic fluid and inhale it into their lungs. So Not only do they pee in you, they swim in their pee and drink their pee until they are born. We were all pee drinkers once.

Concerned father said...

thank you for your educational response. Disturbing, but educational.

Unknown said...

How precious is that. Yes, they do pee in your belly....
Want to buy girl clothing? We are always happy to get some gifts from Auntie Jackie >.)

Unknown said...

wow, didn't know that you know so much mr. wei

FT said...

pfff~ I was a doctor once. (back in the days when I used to play with my ex-girlfriends~)

Unknown said...

ok, no X-rated comments here pls... ;)

Lotus said...

such a cool pic. little baby boy's belly is big! how precious!!! congratulations, jackie and ming

Unknown said...

i know, 表示他吃很飽!

qifei2012 said...

Milliseconds can be a multinational corporation that builds up, permits, producers together with assists numerous software package product Office 2010 download. Browser, Home windows Dwell, Ask, Glass windows Email, Microsoft Messenger concerning Mac pc laptop or computer as well as Internet software package can be manufactured simply by Microsoft office 2010 Microsoft office 2010 download. Microsoft Office 2010 Key