Friday, June 01, 2007

Lately I'm feeling very sentimental~

I heard that a few days ago ming's parents came to my house in Taipei to "lift kiss." During our conversation over what happened during that day, my dad was really proud of the work that he and my mom have put into cleaning up our house. He sent me a few (actually, many) photos of different spots in the house to show me how tidy it was. I was really proud and touched by what they have done. This is my parents you're talking about, two people who strive on clutterness. They did an awesome job, the place was spotless (well, I couldn't tell about the details, and I bet they would not be up to my standard, since my parents are old now and have bad visions), it must have taken them 'days' to do that! Seriously, coz our first floor is big and there is tons of stuff!!! They did this to protect me, to show respect to ming's family, and to honour the event. I am overwhelmed by their effort. This really makes me think even more (lately I have been thinking a lot about this) about living close to my parents so I could help them out around the house and take care of them (who knows if I'll do it once I do live close to them). Coz honestly, they are getting old and I feel like I should spend more time with them. Their house is big but they are not hiring anyone for help to save money (for what I don't know; me I guess). This summer when I go back, I will be cleaning up again. That's the least I could do, once every so many "years." Thank you mom and dad. :..)
This is only one section of the first floor. You can see the many things hiding behind the table. The last time I went back, the table was full of stuff, with tons of more stuff on the floor. I bet that those things are just stuffed in mel's room now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Dumas read "lift kiss" and ask (even after finish reading the whole thing), "What does 'lift kiss' mean?"

I, before reading further, said 提親。

And I saw 三條線on Dumas' face.

haha.

The photo does look nice that the place is spotless. I got emotional when I saw my family did stuff for me for the wedding and now for Sophie. We are blessed to have parents like that. I want to be like that kind of parents too :)

pandaming said...

yup the Su's rez is huge...and yes, papa & mama Su managed to fill up the place quite effortlessly~ =) I have gotten some cool freebies from their house before, like my laptop bag, hats, T-shirts, and Yaki.... oh wait, the last one ain't free....in fact, it came with a large price tag~ hahah.

=D

Unknown said...

you and dumas will be nice parents for sure. since we came from nice parents. like parents like child mah... (just like i like to pile stuff up and don't throw away things like my parents)

What do you mean i come with a big price tag? ~.^ You ain't cheap to keep either, all those sneakers...

nicacookie said...

Jack should be priceless bah!

Unknown said...

that's right, ming.... hahaha...
~.^

Anonymous said...

I hope there's still a space for me to walk in to "my room!"

Unknown said...

you can only get to about 2 septs into the room. haha...