Sunday, February 19, 2006

If you are a woman, you would understand the pain of the "monthly business." Today I decided to take control of my life, as I used to just lie in bed all day as the pain is so intolerable. So I took extra-strength Advil before lunch. 10 minutes into my lunch, I felt this sudden onset of heat, sweat was coming down on my forehead, I felt dizzy, and I thought I was gonna faint. Ming, now I know how you felt when you passed out when receiving acupuncture by that Chinese doctor. It is quite a scary feeling. This happened coz we were both empty stomached and took on pain relief, so our bodies suddenly "collapsed." Conclusion, don't ever do that, ever, my friends.

7 comments:

FT said...

Well? Did you faint or not?
I fainted once~
in the plane~

pandaming said...

no she did not.. and for the record...me neither! her memory is a bit affected by the 'near-faint' experience..

Unknown said...

no i did not faint, i toughened it out! women are proven to be more Tolerable to pain than men. ;)

FT said...

fainting is actually quite a fun experience.
we should all faint more often.
you can talk to your friends about it too, it's really not that bad.

Unknown said...

it may be a fun experience for you, but it is surely a scary moment for the person beside you. i was scared to death when ming fainted. i had to support all his 200lb weight when he collapsed on me and the feeling of not knowing what to do was all too sureal. all the CPR drills had all come to me at that point... i know, i know, i think too much...

FT said...

actually yeah... that's true, if nica faints, I would cry~

hy said...

KieKie, glad that you didn't faint. Thanks for warning us of not taking any pain med with the empty stomach, didn't know that may make ppl faint.

And Ming, you talking about the memory again. Time to write a thesis on it. (well, somehow, I agree of what you said.) ;)

I almost fainted once when I was waiting for a bus in HK. I felt scared and helpless at that time, esp when nobody I know was around me.