Friday, May 26, 2006

During my drive back from work yesterday, i saw this homeless guy on the side of a busy street. Some of you may not know that there are a lot of homeless ppl in T.O. Why did this particular one caught my attention? Well, actually all homeless catches my attention because i cannot believe the living conditions they are in and amazed by how they survive on the streets. But anyways, this particular one was sleeping on a one seated sofa, a bright red coloured, Victorian style like, very exaggerated, one of those with with a high back sofa. And there he was just residing there. So i wondered: why do homeless ppl sleep all the time? Because they have nothing else better to do? Then a scary thought came to my mind. The image of this homeless sleeping on a sofa frighteningly reminded me of myself! Take away my money, my place to live, my job, and my car, then I am just like a homeless. I also spend the majority of my day (if i'm not working or going out to shop) sleeping on a sofa! I can sleep for up to 14 hours a day!!! I am just like a homeless, only with a home!!! I wish that i could have taken a photo of that homeless, because it would have made a good photo. Maybe he was trying to make a statement, like "look at me, and then look at this glamorious couch. What an irony!"

2 comments:

FT said...

You know why they are sleeping all the time?
Because they are hungry all the time. And when you are hungry you don't have much energy to do anything. So don't be afraid of homeless people. Most of the time you can probably out run them or kick their ass.

Is Ming not feeding you well, Jack? Why do you sleep so much?

Unknown said...

because i AM hungry all the time when i'm at home. but when i'm all by myself, i don't feel like eating, therefore i just don't eat. so maybe that's why i'm sleepy all the time, coz i'm hungry. but sometimes i am more sleepy after i eat. >.~