Monday, June 19, 2006

I can't believe that I actually finished reading another book! The last time i picked up a book and actually read from the beginning till the end was like 2 years ago (the Nanny Diary). This time, it's "a curious incident of the dog in night time" and it was a great book. As some of you might have heard of this book from ming's blog, it was me who actually started reading it before he did. I bought this book a long time ago, read about 1/3 of it, then i gave it to Connie as a "go away" gift when she left Toronto. I bet that she hasn't even started reading it. This book is very interesting and very easy to read as it is written from an autistic kid's point of view. I have dealt with autistic kids before and they really have their own set of rules and live in their own world. Some of them are very talented, just like the character in this book, he is amazing in math. The one that i've met was amazing in art/drawing, he used to play cartoon via video tapes, pause it, and copy the picture onto his paper. He would make it exactly the same as the picture and it really amazed me.
So during our Costco trip, i bought 3 more books, plus there's one more that ming had ordered online for me, let's see how many i can finish this summer, before my school starts. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Jack in the box" A-yi.
You should learn from Chloe, finishing her book in---> 10 min? ha ha ha...

hy said...

I'll check out the book from you later, Jack! Sounds interesting!!