Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I have a problem with saying "no" to people. I don't know how to say no when friends ask me out for lunch/dinner coz I always want to go out with them even when I have no time or money to do so. I don't know how to say no when friends ask for my help coz I always want to help people. The worst is that I don't know how to say no at work. Whenever coworkers ask me to help them out with something, I seldom turn them down no matter how busy I am or how behind I am with my own tasks. And the crap always comes when I don't know how to say no if they ask me to go into work for a shift. Not that I don't say no, it's just the way I say no stinks. Some people can say it very direct, sounding "no means no" while my no is like "no~... sorry... i can't... sorry..." The truth is I do feel sorry when I cannot help out the unit. But some people can really take advantage of my "softness" and become pushy. I hate it when people are like that. Just because someone is nice doesn't mean you can walk all over them. These people give you respect, you just don't pay them back with rudeness. How some people operate in this world is just beyond my understandings....

2 comments:

FT said...

I totally agree. I am a huge push-over too, and there are just people who will take advantages of that. The only way to go against these fools is really just to stand your ground and held your head high with a "Ah Ah~ bitch. No!" It's good for us to always help others because you never know when you'll be needing their help too. I think it's also becuase of our culture and how we were brought up. We are just too accustomed to be nice to people and respect others. We all have to learn to be more American in this aspect I guess.

pandaming said...

ditto.

couldn't agree with you more..

then again, saying no it's indeed an art in itself... how do you decide when and how to say no can be tricky~ =) Life is full of people who are nice and those who will take advantage of the nice...but as long as your 'niceness' does not jeopardize your well-being, i still much prefer being nice than being the one who take advantage of the nice~ ...how nice! =)

NIce.

umm...i like this word... NICE!