Thursday, November 02, 2006

I went to another bridal store by myself yesterday. Last time i went with a friend, but i didn't really get to see anything, coz appearantly i need to book appointments to try on dresses at bridal stores! Same with the store yesterday. This is just a store near our place. The owner said that they've been in business since 1968! Anyways, because i didn't book appointment ahead of time so i couldn't try on any dresses (that's okay, i didn't want to anyways), but i just wanted to check out the place. The owner suggested me a few things (he was quite nice), ie. look early, don't try on dresses that's out of your budget, blah blah blah; then he said to bring my mom or sister with me next time, so i can get opinions on it, since they are the ones who would know me best. I told him that they won't be able to help coz they don't live here. So he said, well, who is going to come with you? I said my friends. Then he said that's even better, coz you can't choose ur family coz you're born with them, but you can choose your friends! Hahaha... what a funny guy. But honestly, after i left the store, i thought about what he said, 鼻頭有一點酸酸的. Seems kinda lonely here without any family...

7 comments:

FT said...

wow you are so sentimental~

Ying-Hsu said...

are you coming back this winter? maybe you can get a dress made here in Taiwan ( the one momo had was very nice i think)...and you will have you mom here to help you out~~~

pandaming said...

my nosehead is rather sour too~

pandaming said...

but that's because i am sick..

Anonymous said...

That’s why Rob and I, our long term plan is to move to Seattle in a few years…..to be with family; don’t move anywhere now, Mel… wait for us

Unknown said...

i'll think about it when it really happens, tutu.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine what it must feel like not having much 'family' around, but I am sure they are sharing your joy and would like you to enjoy this wonderful time of your life as if they're right by your side! Friends are family away from home!